Class-B or Resonant Pulse Commutation is a forced commutation technique to turn off an SCR. In this technique, thyristor or SCR is turned off by gradual build-up of resonant current in the reverse direction i.e. from cathode to anode of SCR. This technique is also known as current commutation and occurs in DC circuit not in AC circuit.
The commutation circuit comprises of Capacitor C, Inductor L and an auxiliary thyristor TA. Initially thyristor T1 and TA are in off state and capacitor C is charged to voltage Vs with left hand plate positive as shown in figure. Positive direction of capacitor voltage and capacitor current ic are shown in figure and taken as reference.
Class B Commutation of Thyristor | Self LC resonance | MATLAB Simulation
1. Complete Simulink File (.slx & .mdl)
2. Satisfactory Results
3. Universal Design (Accept All inputs)
4. Can Take Case Studies
5. Operates on All MATLAB Version
6. Easy to Understand all blocks
7. Can take waveforms & readings
8. Instruction Manual
9. Technical Helpline Number
10. Digital Files (Access Anywhere)